The current legislation requires the investors to use environmentally friendly solutions in respect to the treatment of storm water, municipal and process sewage contaminated by such light liquids as oil derivative substances, fats etc. The sedimentation-flotation devices, i.e. separating systems are used in specific conditions to separate the mineral suspensions and oil substances contained in storm water and industrial sewage discharged from the roads and accompanying structures. Uponor Infra’s offer includes Weho SeL separators for separation of light liquids.
SeL type series Weho separators are flow devices, whose purpose is to remove the non-emulsifying oil, petrol and separate mineral suspensions (sand, mud etc.). These devices are used in the systems of municipal sewage collection plants, storm water drainage systems at industrial facilities, in storm water drainage of transport, fuel or equipment depots, vehicle manoeuvring yards, car parks, roads, motorways and many other facilities
The treatment process is conducted in two stages. The sedimentation process of mineral suspension (sand, mud) takes place in the sludge chamber. The storm water is transported to the separator following its pre-treatment in the integrated primary settling tank. The physical process of adsorption and coalescence is used in the separation chamber in addition to the gravity force. Oil molecules accumulate on the surface of multi-stream parallel distributed plate-fin sections (adsorption), where they merge into bigger agglomerates (coalescence) and migrate in the lower side of plate-fin sections towards the surface forming the oil film. The standard separators are equipped with the closing systems, which upon collecting maximum volume of light liquid in the separator automatically close its outflow thus preventing the contamination of the receiver tank. In addition, the Weho SeLFOZP separator is equipped with hydraulic bypass led inside the separator independently from the separation chamber, which is capable of collecting five times the nominal volume (optional 10 times hydraulic bypass).
- emergency shut-off on the inflow to the separator,
- measuring systems for the intensity of the flow including the flow controllers,
- end check valve,
- measuring probes with the sound alarm system and/or light alarm system (NT-SET) indicating the volume of collected light liquid and sediment in the sludge part of the settling tank,
- oleophylic sorption cartridges used to obtain the above standard quality of the sewage,
- sewage pumping stations integrated with the separator,
- installations emptying the system facilitating the cleaning and maintenance of the separators (NT-UO),
- bigger primary settling tanks in the case of occurrence of excessive quantities of mineral suspensions.
We offer easy to work with partnership with one contact throughout the entire project.
Do you need a tailor made product, or a turnkey solutions on a global scale? We offer full support within: design & calculations, tailor made products, field services, technical support and project management.