Weholite storm water retention systems are a simple solution to handle surplus water. The essence of the piping retention system is the use of large diameter Weholite pipes (up to DN3,000 mm) mainly to retain storm water. The supplementary elements are fittings (segmented bends, tees, connections), chimneys and all non-standard elements, e.g. flow regulators. The fittings which are most frequently used in piping retention systems are bends with various bending angles tailored to the system route.
Weholite is a modern system of large-diameter, structural polyethylene (PE) pipes and fittings, designed for the construction of complete external sewer pipelines. The system is a result of the long-lasting research and development works carried out by our corporation. The combination of an appropriate raw material and an advanced technology enabled us to create a light-weight product of an exceptional load resistance.
The Weholite pipes constitute an optimum solution for the majority of projects connected with gravity sewers. Due to their low weight, they are quick and easy to install and may be manufactured in significantly longer sections than the pipes made of traditional materials. The unique construction and the reliable jointing methods guarantee 100% tightness of the whole system, even after years of operation. The Weholite pipes are flexible and easily adjust to dynamic surroundings. They may be applied in mining damage areas (up to level 4), they are resistant to corrosion and to damage done by salt and other chemical compounds that may be found in soil, sea water or in any other transported substances. All these attributes make the Weholite pipes a truly universal product of numerous applications.
Advantages of Weholite
- Unique combination of durability and flexibility (ring stiffness from SN2 to SN16)
- Total resistance to corrosion and high resistance to chemicals
- Low weight (easy to transport and unload)
- Long storage without loss of parameters (UV-resistant)
- Exceptional resistance to subzero temperatures
- High abrasion resistance
- Installation possible even in frostbitten areas
The Weholite system guarantees simple and durable methods of jointing that are adapted to miscellaneous types of applications:
- extrusive welding – a preferred method of jointing the Weholite pipes, used with pipes of diameter larger than 800 mm, especially in relining renovation projects;
- socket-and-spigot joints - for quick pipeline lying (pipes of diameter from 300 to 1000 mm);
- thread joints – for renovation of devastated canals and for constructing culverts (diameters up to 1000 mm);
- Weholite snap joint – used in pipeline renovations (diameters up to 1200 mm).