Pipelines for extreme operating conditions
PE and PP systems by Uponor Infra are used in many sectors of the industry requiring reliable systems resistant to extreme operating conditions. These systems are used for transport of: water, sewage, chemicals, highly abrasive materials. The scope of Uponor Infra products for the industry encompasses the complete system of pipes, fittings, manholes, tanks and special elements.
Uponor Infra systems are used in:
- Mining (mines, post-production waste dump sites)
- Energy sector
- Paper industry
- Hydrotransport of brine
- Metallurgical sector
- Chemical industry
- Air purification systems
PE and PP pipeline systems work excellently in these applications thanks to their properties. These systems are characterised by:
- The highest reliability mong the available technologies,
- Uniformity of connections of pipelines and fittings sections (allowing to resign from the support blocks), guaranteeing the transmission of the axial forces and reliability of the system,
- Broad range of chemical resistance,
- Very high resistance to abrasion,
- Very low and constant absolute roughness coefficient k,
- Complete resistance to stray currents,
- Relatively low installation and operating costs (no need for re-sealing, painting etc.) compared to other technologies,
- Small speed of propagation of a shock wave due to water hammer effect (a few times smaller than for steel, cast iron or GRP),
- 100% tightness of connections,
- Easy installation irrespective of weather conditions (also in minus temperatures),
- Complete resistance to UV radiation,
- Very small weight of the pipes compared to traditional materials.
The advantages of PE and PP systems allow you to use our products in highly diverse operating conditions, including difficult and unstable ones. The methods of connecting pipelines and fittings (butt fusion welding, extrusion welding) allowing to eliminate the gaskets and guaranteeing the material uniformity of the entire system should be specifically highlighted. This type of connections allows to obtain a uniform system transferring the longitudinal forces. The system offers a broad range of installation methods. The pipelines can be installed on supports, directly on the ground, in the embankments and under big overburden. The systems are also successfully installed by means of the submersion method. The systems are used for renovation of existing pipelines by means of relining, swagelining, cracking method. The polyethylene pressure pipelines is the material most often selected in the technology of horizontal directional drilling (HDD).